Monday, September 12, 2011

why HEEEELLLLLOOOO there..

Hey guys!

As promised, my once a week update shall continue.

This past week I had my first assignment due for photojournalism, we did landscapes (one urban/cityscape and one ruralscape).  After review, our professor wanted the class to re-do the assignment, but said we started off stronger then last years class.  Basically, we sucked? Solid start.

Here are my photographs. My re-dos will provide much more to look at I am hoping...but enjoy these for now:

Urban/Cityscape:





Ruralscape:



The second one is purposefully dark because of the impending storm. I really wanted to emphasize the clouds.  I also loved these yellow flowers and how even with darkened stems, the flowers were still vibrant.  My main focus though was to do something dynamic with the blue covered boat in the distance.  I used it as my focal point, but I'm honestly not satisfied with this final shot.  I'll keep you guys posted on the new shots for the next assignment.

My other photography class is Advanced Illustrative Photography and that is on Mondays so due to the holiday we didn't have class, BUT these are the pictures that we had due that we will be reviewing today!  We had to do portraits and objects.

Object:



Portraits:

Model: Elizabeth Reyes




Model: Camille Malkiewicz

Lastly, I had an awesome opportunity to shoot for Newshouse on Friday, the online Newhouse Magazine.  Broadways, The Lion King, came to Syracuse and I got to photograph it!

There are tons of these, so visit the website and see the header "Syracuse Publications". 

As for the weekend, I was feeling pretty crappy so I took it easy and didn't do a whole lot.  I am hoping to have a crafty weekend sometime soon so I can give you guys new tutorials and fun projects to try at home.  But for now its just pictures.  : D

Here is an awesome architectural find...you can sleep here, but its not your house! Enjoy

http://www.dezeen.com/2011/09/12/sleepbox-01-by-arch-group/

Peace, Love and Photos,

R


No comments:

Post a Comment