Sunday, September 4, 2011

Start to the Season

HELLOOOO There.

So I've been receiving some complains about my lack of posting lately. GOD ONLY KNOWS WHY since the last time I posted was July 5th...come on people that was recently...no it wasn't. Thats a lie.

So myself and fellow grad schoolers have made a pact to post at least once a week and we will start posting about topics were interested in, school assignments and weekly on-goings for friends at home and were hoping to keep each other accountable.  Heres to hoping everyone posted this week...*note my effort in "keeping them accountable* I'll try harder next week.

So this past week was our first official week here at Newhouse.  The temperature has been a lovely 65-72 degrees and has allowed me to walk to class, take long drives with the windows down and brag to my family back home who are currently enduring 107 degree days in Texas.  I recently visited home and while I loved seeing my friends and hanging out with the fam, I was in no way, shape, or form bummed about leaving that weather...

Anyhow back to school, this semester I will be taking an advanced photo illustration class, a media law class (winning), and a photojournalism class (photoj when we feel the need to be snobbishly cool about how we refer to our class) with non other then the former editor and chief of National Geographic, Tom Kennedy (now when I say winning Im not being sarcastic, winning in deed!!)

Our schedules are already jam packed with exciting assignments like media law reading and tonight I am shooting a "Jersey Shore" themed party put on by the school for Newshouse, a campus publication.  There really isn't a whole lot of super exciting school things going on, OH BUT, my camera is finally in the shop and getting fixed and I should have him back this week : ) So happy!

As for current life/creative things....

I went shopping this weekend with Camille, Liz and Zoha and while we were at TJMaxx I found a Micheal Kohrs winter white heavy full pea coat for.....$59. No, I'm not lying. Yes, you should be jealous. Soooo excited :)


Crafty news...I just finally hung up all of my jewelry and I did a jewelry collage on my wall...take a look!  I also bought this WAY OVER SIZED clock that I hung above my bed...$29 at (yes you guessed it) Home Goods...my favorite store.




Yes I realize that Im a photographer and my picture isn't straight, but I took this with my MAC so cut me some slack.

I also made that shelf with Mrs. Cienna Smith. We nailed two pieces of 2x4s together, screwed "O" hooks into the top piece to hang on the wall and modge podged the pieces of wood to our liking.  Turned out cute!





This is the over sized clock above my bed.  It actually works too : )  Now lets hope it doesn't fall one night and kill me.  Neat.










 These are some shelves I made that I hung above my TV for dvds and accesories. This is when my grandmother says..."You've been nesting". She's right (again..) but I like to feel comfortable in my space and I like to build things which equals decorating time. Sorry Im not Sorry.









Here is another picture so you can see how they are
"corner" shelves.  Again, my apologies for the pictures.

So on other news, I have started working on my website. I think I am going to open it today or tomorrow for the public to see. There are still a few tabs that are "coming soon", but for the most part the links have a bit for you to look at.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a lovely week. Enjoy the holiday tomorrow!

Peace, Love and Photos,
R

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates. Thanks for the shoutout! Ps it's not Smith anymore get with the program sheesh Ry!! Love and miss you...the more pictures the better!!!

    ReplyDelete